Have you ever known someone who had a habit of stretching the truth? Or, someone who was just a plain, baldfaced liar? Most of us know someone like that.
In John 8:44, Jesus called Satan “a liar and the father of lies.”
Think about the lies Satan tells people;
1) Satan lies when he tells us the Bible is not absolute truth.
2) Satan lies when he tells us, as he told Adam and Eve, that they can do what they want. (Genesis 3)
3) Satan lies when he tells us the broad way is the best road to travel… he says it doesn’t end in death. (Matthew 7:13)
4) Satan lies when he tells young people sex before or outside marriage is ok.
5) Satan lies when he tells us “if it feels good, do it!”
6) Satan lies when he tells us we should forfeit our souls in exchange for material possessions.(Matthew 16:26)
7) Satan lies when he tells us we can’t be forgiven. The Bible says “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9).
Satan is a liar and the father of lies. Don’t believe Satan’s lies. By contrast, Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me” (John 14:6).
Jesus said, “You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (Jn 8:32).